This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
The Athens-Clarke County Leisure Services Kinderswim program is a free initiative started with the goal of helping ACC children learn how to swim. The program is offered to all Athens-Clarke County 5-year-old children at no cost.
The lessons are broken into three, 45-minute classes a week for three weeks, for a total of nine lessons, and are available at all of the ACCLS pools. Participants who complete at least seven of the nine lessons will receive a free pool pass for the remainder of the pool season.
Rules & Tips
- All swimmers are required to wear a swimsuit. Cotton is not allowed in the pool.
- Participants cannot register after the first two lessons to ensure swimmers have adequate time to learn to swim safely.
- Participants should bring their own towels.
- Although there is no cost, participants must register online.
- Participants must be 5-years-old to take part in Kinderswim.