|Max Capacity: 60
Location: On the hill, approximately 300 feet from the park entrance. It is visible as you are entering the park gates and heading down the one-way road to the lower parking lot.
ADA Accessibility: Wheelchair access is available by ramp from the parking lot adjacent to the shelter. Access ramp has uneven surface and a ~1 inch raise in terrain between the parking lot surface and ramp. 1 wheelchair accessible grill is provided. There are no designated parking spaces for this picnic shelter, but the first 2 parking spaces in the small adjacent lot are within a few feet from the access ramp.
Parking: There is a small parking lot adjacent to shelter with 6 parking spaces, additional parking in the lower lot, and parallel parking heading up the hill from the shelter towards the park exit.
Closest Restroom: The nearest restroom is located down the hill and behind the playground (~500ft). Additional restrooms are located near the dog park and in front of the pool house (end of the main parking lot connected to the office building).
Additional Park Amenities: Playground, Bear Hollow Zoo, Birchmore Hiking Trail
Electricity: 3 outlets w/ timers
Fans: 3 Ceiling Fans
Grill/Fire: 1 pedestal charcoal grill and 1 wheelchair accessible grill.
Water: no water source provided w/ rental
Table/Chairs: six 8ft picnic tables
Cleaning Deposit: N/A. Full rental fee is due upon approval of rental request.
- Additional time for set-up prior to the rental period is not included. Additionally, the facility must be cleaned and vacated by the end of the scheduled rental period.
- Rental includes exclusive use of the designated facility only and shall not impede public access to any other area.
- Parking lots are open to the public and are not included with the reservation. All parking spots are first-come, first-served.
- Inflatables of any kind and petting zoos are not permitted on the premises.
- If you have questions about bringing any additional means of entertainment or items (musicians, caterers, etc) during your reservation, please reach out to our office at (706) 613-3580 to check for permission.