Memorial Park - Picnic Shelter #3 (Behind Playground)
Facility Area Information
293 Gran Ellen Dr.
Log In to Request
Athens, GA 30606
Phone: (706) 613-3580
|Rental Period: Half Day - 4 hours (not available during the winter months*) or Whole Day - 9 hours (7 hours during the winter months*)
Rental Fee: $50 - Half Day | $75 - Whole Day
*Winter rental rates apply to the months of November through February. No half day rentals will be available during these months.
Special Events: If you are planning to host an event that is open to the public, you will need to obtain a special events permit. Please contact our facility to inquire as to whether or not your event will need a special event permit in order to take place. Special events can include, but are not limited to: any event posted as a public event on a social media platform, a specialized group activity that is advertised to the public in any way, races or walkathons, rallies or demonstrations, etc.
The maximum capacity for picnic shelters is 60 individuals.
Vehicles are not permitted to drive across the grass or sidewalk in order to access Picnic Shelter #3.
|Picnic Shelter #3
|Max Capacity: 60
Location: Adjacent to the restrooms located behind the playground and small grassy lot.
ADA Accessibility: This shelter is not ADA accessible.
Parking: The closest parking is the large lower lot(~300 ft from shelter). There is additional parallel parking heading up the hill towards the park exit. Vehicles are not permitted to drive across the grass or sidewalk in order to access this shelter.
Closest Restroom: There is a restroom next to (~25 ft) this shelter. Additional restrooms are located near the dog park and in front of the pool (end of the main parking lot connected to the office building).
Additional Park Amenities: Playground, Bear Hollow Zoo, Birchmore Hiking Trail
Electricity: 2 outlets w/ timers
Fans: 3 Ceiling Fans
Grill/Fire: 1 pedestal charcoal grill
Water: no water source provided w/ rental
Table/Chairs: six 8ft picnic tables
Cleaning Deposit: N/A. Full rental fee is due upon approval of rental request.
- Additional time for set-up prior to the rental period is not included. Additionally, the facility must be cleaned and vacated by the end of the scheduled rental period.
- Rental includes exclusive use of the designated facility only and shall not impede public access to any other area.
- Parking lots are open to the public and are not included with the reservation. All parking spots are first-come, first-served.
- Inflatables of any kind and petting zoos are not permitted on the premises.
- If you have questions about bringing any additional means of entertainment or items (musicians, caterers, etc) during your reservation, please reach out to our office at (706) 613-3580 to check for permission.
Click on an activity name for details or the date for the activity schedule.
= Unavailable = Available
Picnic Shelter 3
Saturday October 30, 2021
10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
MP Picnic Shelter 3
Sunday November 7, 2021
10:00 AM - 05:00 PM